24 February 2009

No Blog Today

No Blog today, I'm lying in bed
My nose is blocked up and swollen and red
It's sunny outside but I can't play
It's all to do with that stuff called 'Hay'

Sniffing all day and sneezing all night
I hope you all sympathise with my hay fever plight
I really cant breathe and Vick is no good
'You'll grow out of it at 12, you really should'

I remember those words as I sneezed over him
the doctor who held me and talked to my mum
and so it came back for the last 50 years
the gasping, the sneezing,the hay fever tears

So where did it come from, this latest attack
the old house it was, the tree at the back
it's a Cyprus you see and they are the worst
the pollen's so bad, my nose almost burst

I went over to Tan's to watch his team play
but the Cyprus was ready to ruin my day
outside the lounge doors, it stands 30 feet
ready to push me to a sneezing defeat

I sneezed and I sneezed, no wine could I drink
my nose was so blocked and my brain couldn't think
but Tan was ok, his team won the game
go outside for a fag? 'No thanks I'll refrain'

And so I got home, my nose full of pollen
Wasn't too late, just after eleven
I slipped under the duvet aside my snoozing wife
who said 'sneeze once more and I'll take your life'

I tried to sleep but with no nasal breathing
you gasp and you choke with your breast really heaving
I sneezed and I sneezed, Julie was crying
awake all night long, she found really trying

And so I got up at half past two
nothing on telly and nothing to do
my dear wife was happy, she could slumber at last
whilst I contemplated life's final gasp

Returning to bed at thirty minutes past four
It bugged me so much to hear my J snore
I tried and I tried but no sleep could I get
So I woke her and asked if we could swap sides in bed

She jumped out of bed and now I'm alone
frightened and scared in my very own home
Is she asleep my insomniac wife  
or has she gone for a big kitchen knife?

  

No comments: