17 August 2009

A Perfect Sunday ?

Yeah – I reckon it was. The temperature was hitting 100 degrees so it was far too hot to do anything as remotely silly as outside work. I’d cleaned the pool on Saturday so apart from watching the football discussion show on TV in the morning, I had nothing on my ‘to-do’ list.

We had some guests coming over for lunch so after a quick dusting and hoovering, there was nothing to be done except for me to make sure that the Rosé was at the correct temperature, and of course you just have to try it to be sure!

J has been trying to perfect Mojitos over the weekend and as soon as the guests were on the terrace, J’s latest attempt at this rum based drink was handed out. Very refreshing they were too and despite Anna saying she’d never be able to finish hers, I noticed it going down very easily indeed!

J then served a delicious chicken ceasar salad and we just sat on the terrace eating, drinking and talking. My only gripe was that I was in the company of three women who were, of course, all talking about their respective divorces. My sole contribution of, ‘all men are bastards’, was met with unanimous approval and I went off to watch the footie on the TV.

In the evening we’d been invited over to Tan and Angie’s for the Spurs (football) game followed by a meat-loaf dinner and there’s no better way to watch a game involving Tottenham Hotspur, than to watch it with Tan. Talk about a myriad of emotions. Up when they scored first, followed by complete despair as Spurs’ goalie conceded a stupid penalty. Then up again as Spurs scored a second goal, followed by utter elation when the final whistle sounded. High fives all round!

Angie’s delicious meat loaf was a perfect way to follow the game and for the second time that day, a group of us just sat around on the terrace, eating, drinking and talking.


A perfect Sunday indeed.

1 comment:

Allison said...

I'm glad you had such a fabulous Sunday, Tom!
Yum for mojitos too! I've been drinking mango ones like mad here - it's the perfect refreshment to beat the heat!