1 July 2009

The Cyclists Are Back Again

J nudged me on Sunday morning and said, ‘I’m off to church’. ‘No you’re not – the road’s blocked for the annual cycle-fest’, I replied. And so it came to pass that we couldn’t move from our house on Sunday morning because the main road leading to and from the various villages on the D2210 (road) was being reserved exclusively for the lycra brigade.

It was some race or other allowing the French to indulge in their national passion (other than food) at the expense of all us ex-pats who actually pay for the roads in the first place.

Strangely enough my very first blog was about the race several years ago when I knew nothing about this obsession and managed to cause quite a bit of agro with the police who patrol the D2210 looking for ex-pats they can shoot with the flimsiest of reasons.

Read it at the link below.

http://tomsfrenchblog.blogspot.com/2008/06/another-fabulous-day-in-paradise.html

No comments: