11 May 2009

Yup - Him Again


Sorry folks - busy weekend so I'm going to resort to a bit of plagerism today by reprinting a poem I saw somewhere last week. It's about my favourite person whom you've no doubt recognised by the picture. I did actually think about doing my own poem on the political 'snouts in the trough' and I may think about one when I'm down clearing my jungle - it's very theraputic down there and some of my most creative moments come to me when I'm ripping out bushes and getting covered in scratches.

Anywhere - here is the short poem and the You Tube version of G Brown addressing the nation on the expenses scandal. It all seeems so futile now we know old Brownie was not quite as clean as he could be with his brother's cleaner - pun intended!

Gordon Brown is my shepherd, I shall not work on occasions
He leadeth me beside the still factories.

He restoreth my faith in the political opposition.

He guideth me in the path of unemployment.

Yea, though I wait for my dole,
I own the bank that refuses me.

He has annointed my income with taxes,
My expenses runneth over my pay.

Surely poverty and hard times will follow me all the days of his term.

From hence forth, we will live all the days of our lives in a rented home with an overseas landlord.

I am glad I am British,
I am glad I am free,

But I wish I were a dog, and our Prime Minister were a tree.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what about the tory toffs and the country estate scandal....or is it all shit no pun intended